Recording StudioThe Treewind studio is available for projects ranging from demos and individual tracks to whole albums. As a folk musician with classical musical training I'm most at home with traditional instruments and styles.
The studio is quite small but can accommodate instrumental groups of five or more people comfortably. We got six musicians + drum kit in the old studio in Cambridgeshire, and the new studio in West Yorkshire (completed in 2018) is bigger.
The studio can be booked for any day of the week or weekend.
Projects CompletedSee list and descriptions HERE
- Single acoustically treated room
- 8 channels of DAV BG.8 mic preamps
- 8 channels of Behringer ADA8000
- RME Fireface II audio and ADAT interface
- Equator D8 monitor speakers
- Digital Audio Workstation using Ardour software on an AV Linux operating system, including several LinuxDSP (now OvertoneDSP) processing plugins, in custom-built PC based platform with 6-core CPU.
- Røde NT 2A
- 2 x Schoeps MK41 + CMC6
- 2 x Neumann KM184
- 2 x AKG C391B "Blue Line"
- AKG omni and hypercardiod capsules
- Audio-Technica ATM 25
- Electrovoice RE-20
- Beyerdynamic M201
- 2 x Shure SM57
- 2 x Behringer C2
- Electrovoice 635A/B
- Yamaha AW16G 8 track HD recorder for on-location recording.
Customer CommentsThanks to your mixing skills, Frog On a Bike are booked for Rochester Sweeps Festival this year!
Frog on a Bike Ceilidh Band
I just downloaded your complete album, it's really a PLEASURE to listen
to it. Carry on, great arrangement, great mix, great instrumentals and
... a great singer. I will continue listening to it in my car tomorrow,
when I will have a two hours trip to a studio in the west. I'm deeply
impressed of your work ! I like that style a lot.
Gerhard Scherzer, on A Baker's Dozen
I have to say we are thoroughly satisfied and very
happy with what you did for us at the weekend. Compared with all other
experiences we have had in studios, our time with you was relaxing and
unstressful. You were thoroughly professional, set up equipment and
recorded us efficiently and with the minimum of fuss, made helpful
suggestions and perhaps best of all understood what we were aiming for,
because you know our kind of music, our instruments and what they can
and can't do.
We can think of no ways in which you could improve on what you did for us over the weekend. Plus of course the tea and coffee and lovely lunches that Mary provided.
All in all a great experience.
Simon Haines, of Bof!